The City of Norfolk and the Commonwealth of Virginia offer a variety of business incentives to ensure business growth and sustainability. These include incentives that are determined by the business location, and others that are offered citywide. The Economic Development Department is ready to assist you and your business in learning about these incentive programs:
A HUBZone is a “historically underutilized business zone” located within communities with low incomes and/or high unemployment. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) administers the program and certifies businesses for eligibility. A HUBZone certified business is eligible for set-aside and sole-source contracting opportunities, and receives preferences in full and open competition for contracts. Information about the HUBZone program is available on the SBA website. HUBZone maps were updated in January 2018. Twenty-two of Norfolk's census tracts are classified as either a qualified or redesignated census tract in Norfolk's HUBZone. Use the mapping application set up by the SBA to find out if your property is in Norfolk's HUBZone.
The interactive map below shows HUBZone boundaries. Type an address into the search box to zoom to the property.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Economic Development Department at 757-664-4338.
- Real Estate Tax Abatement Program
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership
- U. S. Small Business Administration
- State Corporation Commission
- Virginia Department of Business Assistance
- Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD)
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency
- Hampton Roads Procurement Assistance Center
- Hampton Roads Small Business Development Center
- Virginia Business Incentives
- Business USA
- Brownfields Redevelopment