All City offices are closed; all staff members of Norfolk Economic Development are working from home. Please call our office at 757-664-4338 – we are monitoring our calls.
For more information, please visit the Hampton Roads Chamber COVID-19 Business Resource Guide
Staff COVID – 19 Response Teams
- Business Recovery Tools Teams
- Outreach & Business Intelligence Team
- Regional Business Recovery Task Force for COVID-19
- Norfolk Works Workforce Team – Resident Support for COVID-19
We are constantly updating the Norfolk Development Facebook page
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Programs
Federal Business Assistance Programs
- Small business owners in the following designated states are currently eligible to apply for a low-interest loan due to Coronavirus (COVID-19): California, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia and Washington. Click here to apply.
- The SBA will work directly with state Governors to provide targeted, low-interest loans to small businesses and non-profits that have been severely impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
- Find more information on the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans here
- SBA’s Portal Application here
- SBA Express Bridge Loan Pilot Program here
- Paycheck Protection Program Information