NORFOLK WORKS is the workforce development arm of the Norfolk Department of Economic Development.
We offer assistance in the areas of recruiting, training, and hiring incentives to help you find and hire the talent you need for your business to thrive.
NORFOLK WORKS CAN:
- Connect businesses to new talent pools: colleges, workforce centers, transitioning military – over 10 unique sources of Norfolk talent
- Create and host networking events, job fairs, and hiring events
- Promote job openings
- Assist with diversity hiring initiatives
- Research and provide Labor Market Information (LMI), i.e. wage information, salary comparisons, etc.
- Connect with our talent partners to:
- Deliver a large number of potential candidates to your organization
- Identify monetary hiring and training incentives and provide technical guidance (local, state, and federal incentives)
For more information please contact Michael Paris.
Monday-Thursday 9am - 4pm
Fridays 9am- Noon
“…our partnership with Norfolk Works was extremely helpful in providing a direct conduit to individuals in need of employment...”
– Zed Smith, COO of The Cordish Companies
“Doing this Norfolk Works event has helped to get our company’s name out to the residents of the City of Norfolk. Having the talent we need helps to meet our customers’ deadlines, and ensures our business will continue to grow.”
– Adrienne Person, Human Resources Manager, Sorrentino Mariani