City of Norfolk Awards Ninety-three Businesses Coronavirus Relief (CORE) Fund Grants
Round 1 CARES Act Funds Grants Total $1,035,000
NORFOLK VA – The Norfolk Department of Economic Development received $2 million in CARES Act funds and created a CORE grant program for small for-profit businesses and nonprofits physically located in the City of Norfolk affected by COVID-19. Priority is given to minority and women-owned businesses. Applicants are required to demonstrate that they were operational pre-COVID-19, and that they are suffering negative impacts from COVID-19 closures. Funds are meant to reimburse businesses for the costs of business interruption caused by required closures due to COVID-19. To better assist applicants, Economic Development is offering individualized application support. Below, are the results from Round 1. Applications were accepted from August 5, 2020 – August 14, 2020. The Round 2 application period is open from September 2, 2020 – September 13, 2020. Grant rounds will continue until designated CARES Act funds are depleted. For more information, please visit our website www.norfolkdevelopment.com.
$5,000 Micro-grants for companies with 5 or fewer employees
44 Companies (by Business Legal Name): $220,000
67% of these grant recipients are minority-owned businesses
- Creations By Ebony
- Discover Coastal Virginia, Inc.
- Studio MAS Creative, LLC
- A.L.O.F.L.L.C. Trading as Le Marche
- Chassitys Braid Bar LLC
- Bo’s Tailor Shop
- Events That Sparkle, LLC
- McLean Endeavors
- Studdio X Salon
- NIKHIL ENTERPRISES INC
- I Am Something Extra-Kathy Taylor
- Alt’s Quality Lawn Care, LLC
- BARDOUN DESIGN PC
- Mettle Events, Inc.
- Basketball Products International
- YNJ Corporation
- Vessel Roasting Co.
- Covenant Connections
- Absolute Kitchen and Bath
- KEJA Marketing LLC
- Fresh Radio LLC
- Proteje Hair Salon
- Ocean View Arts
- Page House Inc
- Mad Hatter Studio LLC
- 757 Strength and Conditioning
- Nurturing Minds of Value, LLC
- Spine and Orthopedic Pain Center, PC
- Granby Arts LLC
- Excellence Designing Hair Salon
- NOVELTIES UNLIMITED
- A Touch of Clean
- Loveitte Arc Consultant Agency Inc.
- The Village Mermaid
- The Toy Co.
- Express Junk Inc
- G5 Enterprises, LLC
- Sister2Sister Cleaning Services LLC
- Thalia Graphics
- Waverleigh Creative
- Erin Arnold
- Hughes Controls Incorporated
- Genus Financial LLC
$15,000 Small Business Grants for companies with 6 – 25 employees
31 Companies (by Business Legal Name): $465,000
- Charu, LLC
- NexGen HVAC Services LLC
- Mama Zuti LLC
- Nouvelle Restaurant, LLC
- GUD Yoga, LLC
- Art Repertory Films, Inc
- CoreVelo LLC
- Commonwealth Preservation Group, LLC
- Laughing Pig llc
- Lotus of Peace INC
- Wing Tai Trading (America) Company
- NetTek, LLC
- Business Document Solutions, Inc.
- Clementine’s, LLC
- HAJJIS WHOLESALE LLC
- Stockpot North, Inc.
- Husteads Canvas Creations Inc
- Garden Gazebo, Inc.
- Mini Miracles Learning Center 2 INC.
- 4 Max Inc.
- DLC LLC
- Mermaid Vineyard & Winery, LLC
- Vessel Craft Coffee
- Silent Securities Inc
- 409 York LLC
- Supreme Assets Inc
- Roadstead Montessori High School
- Mike & Yolanda LLC
- The Tidewater Corp
- Real Developments Inc
- VFI INC
$25,000 Small Business Grants for companies from 26 to 50 employees
8 Companies (by Business Legal Name): $200,000
- Dister, Inc.
- PARAGON PAVING INC
- Alkalinenfk LLC
- Mambo Room Inc
- ASTON SHELTON ENTERPRISES LLC
- Grace O’Malley’s, Inc.
- Azalea Inn Inc
- The Czar Corp II
$15,000 Nonprofit Grants for companies with 50 or fewer employees
10 Companies (by Business Legal Name): $150,000
- Young Audiences of Virginia Inc
- Virginia Arts Festival
- BANK STREET MEMORIAL BAPTIST CHURCH756 Creative Reuse Center
- The Four Rivers Project
- Compassion Advocacy Network, Inc.
- The Muse Writers Center
- REACH, Inc.
- Men for Hope, Inc.
- A Thousand Shoes for A Thousand Smiles