The Enterprise Zone program provides state and local incentives to businesses that invest and create jobs within Virginia’s enterprise zones, which are located throughout the state. Norfolk’s Enterprise Zone boundaries were last updated in 2016.
The interactive map below shows Norfolk’s Enterprise Zone boundaries. Type an address into the search box to zoom to the property and view the Enterprise Zone boundaries.
- Utility Tax Relief
- Business License Tax Relief
- Building Permit Fee Relief
- Tax Abatement Program for Renovation of Commercial and Industrial Structures
- Other Non-Cash Incentives
For more information on the local and state incentives, please click here.
For the local and state eligibility requirements, please click here.
The Norfolk Economic Development Department must qualify businesses for local incentives
- Applicant – Submits application to Enterprise Zone Administrator
- Economic Development
- Confirms business is within the Enterprise Zone
- Determines if project meets eligibility requirements
- Review supporting documentation
- Treasures Office
- Confirms business is in good standing (i.e. all taxes are paid)
- Commissioner of Revenue
- Reviews supporting documentation
- Determines relief amount (Utility Tax and Business License Tax Relief)
- Finance Department
- Approves and sends out refund or approves permit reduction